Ken Rieli - Mission-driven Innovation
PNGinc’s CEO Ken Rieli has accumulated over 40 years of multiphysics experience in research, design, development & testing. As CEO & chief technology officer in his private R&D company (PNGinc), Ken handles all aspects of lab activities and manufacturing including concept design, modeling, lab equipment setup & maintenance, embedded systems design, computer networking, prototyping, testing, CAD/CAM, CNC machining and limited production.
- Non-pneumatic tire - first spiral-wound steel belted non-pressurized tire, later adapted by NASA for U.S. lunar rover mission
- Mercury nitrogen laser - designed & built first working mercury/nitrogen laser
- Small industrial ATV - original ATV design was a series hybrid, all-wheel drive vehicle, prototyped in the 1960's with a hydrostatic drive. Produced by LTV Aerospace, this ATV became the world's first volume-produced, all-purpose hybrid vehicle.
- Phoenix Turbine - high-efficiency disc turbines, steam & pressurized gas
- Phoenix PDT pulse detonation turbine
- Phoenix ORC Turbogenerators - organic Rankine cycle, solar & waste heat
- Phoenix PDC - hyper-efficiency pulse detonation combustion cycle
- Phoenix UCB - ultra-clean pyro-catalytic combustion cycle
- Phoenix ASK Absolute Security Key system - hacker-proof command & control device protection
- Scan-Ahead Navigator - first anti-collision chart information system in the fledgling computer navigation systems industry, designed for oil spill prevention & air traffic safety